Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How Tow Accomplish Destination #4

Destination 4 is by far the most expensive goal on my list.  This is also the only goal that I have been working on for quite a long time.  For almost 2 years I have put 10% of my net paycheck directly in to a savings account, and I only take money out of this account for travel.

I have this deduction scheduled to happen automatically and I've learned to live on 10% less.  Setting this money aside is such a relief, I know no matter what or when a trip is in order I can afford it.  (I include traveling to funerals, graduations, etc here as well, so somtimes my travel plans can be a bit sudden.)  This also enables me to jump on travel opportunities I might otherwise miss or have a tough time financing.

If one of your goals is costly, set up an automatic transfer of any amount you can afford directly in to a completely separate account.  It may be 10% or 20% of your paycheck, it may be $10-$20 a week  Whatever you can comfortably afford.  Over time this will grow to an amount you can really do something with and you'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment