Monday, April 26, 2010

Obstacles

We all have obstacles in our path.  Some obstacles are small and can easily be maneuvered around.  Others are giant mountains.  It's important to keep in mind that even the highest mountain can be climbed one step at a time.

Quite a few of my destinations have obstacles in the way, namely money and physical ability.  At this time I don't have the financial resources to take Tae Kwon Do classes or take 4 different music lessons.  I don't have the physical stamina to run a marathon, or up and down a soccer or football field multiple times.  Yet, there are things I can do to prepare myself for these things.  I can save money.  I can start living more frugally.  I can walk on a treadmill or around the block and build my stamina.

Life changing goals cannot be accomplished in a day.  It's important that you not get discouraged when things don't change immediately.  Each day you need to make a concentrated effort to follow your dreams.  Take it one step at a time and don't get discouraged by setbacks.  Keep a positive attitude and keep trying.  Some days will be easier than others, but don't let that keep you from doing more tomorrow.

As I briefly touched on the other day, it's difficult for me to do everything I want to do everyday. However, I feel great about everything that I am able to accomplish.  Perhaps, like me, you have many goals.  Don't try and do everything everyday, especially if you also have an issue with time.  Pick one or maybe two goals to work on each day instead of trying to do all of them every day.

Taking small steps everyday will bread down those obstacles, no matter how big they seem today.

No comments:

Post a Comment